
As you know I drafted in the World Championships of Fantasy Football this weekend and with your confidence and money feel like I have put ourselves in a good spot. You can't win league titles with a draft alone but you can certainly lose it. Arian Foster was the big hit and with all the time I put in watching games this preseason he certainly was the "big prize". Arian has to remain healthy though while staying consistant and he will have a place among the Big 3 RB's.
Vegas was more buisness like this year as I never was able to really take in anything on the Strip or downtown. It was ok though because the main goal is to make sure I(we) have fun for the next few months instead of one weekend. Our teams see a similar theme running through them regarding players and that was to be expected.
My buddy Scott Krakauer did an awesome job helping me manage the auction draft and I couldn't have done it without him. Thanks bud. The auction plan was to not spend on any big name talent but I quickly was sidetracked when Chris Johnson of the Titans was going to go for 45 bucks. I started to raise up the other owner who I think thought that I wanted him too. He ended up nearly going to me for 57 bucks which would have dismantled the team we have today. He tried to up me a few more bucks though and I bowed out sending a frustrated look on his face as he realized he may be in trouble.
The other drafts went according to plan for the most part. Some players were taken right before me so I had to adjust on the fly and to be honest where I seperate myself from others is the ability to do that. I had an idea of different scenerios and feel I made the correct moves. Time will time if Beanie Wells gets healthy and produces but I remain confident he will.
Our season couldn't have started better really as we are poised to go 4-0 to start the year barring a miracle by a team we play. We have WR Boldin (#81), RB Rice (#27) going tonight on Baltimore's team. Our Auction was the number 1 scoring team so far in that format so we need to keep the momentum going. We also have some room for improvement so all-in-all a good start. A long way to go though. I leave you with our MVP of week 1, Arian Foster.
No comments:
Post a Comment