
It's been a fun ride the last month and a half preparing for the 2010 Main Event Championships in Las Vegas. At times during the preparation process I usually go through the occasional bump in the road. This year was no exception and although at times it felt like I was lost in the fog of player names, teams, bye weeks etc. I have emerged as in the past with a renewed confidence that I have assembled a well thought out, plan of attack that is sure to be executed come Saturday.
I couldn't have done it without my beautiful girlfriend, who has given up a few hours each night and space on the DV-R for football games. She is a tremendous partner to have; always there to comfort me when I feel tired or frustrated or lost. I love you Tara Jo. My Investment team will be happy to know that the names I list will more likely than not be the team we go to battle with on a weekly basis. They are the best of the best, they are young and hungry, some motivated to prove themselves, and others striving to keep being great. The following is the draft plan I have conceived and map I will follow with unquestioned confidence...
QB- Eli Manning NYG(Rd. 7) - Eli is my riskiest placement among my picks. He may go before I pick in the 7th. If he does, I will go Matt Ryan. Eli is poised to put up stellar numbers this year based on the weapons at his disposal and nice schedule. He will be a guy we can rely on week in and week out.
QB- Matt Ryan ATL(Rd. 9) - Matt will hopefully provide us a stellar back-up with upside. On a team with upside, he will team up with WR Roddy White to provide us a potent quick strike play from week to week.
QB- Sam Bradford STL(Rd. 16) - Rookie Bradford has shown flashes of ability in the preseason and it's because of him that Danny Amendola will be a solid contributor this year.
RB- Arian Foster HOU(Rd. 2) - Arian originally was going to be selected by me in the 3rd round but a big game in the preseason sent his stock soaring. He will have to shoulder the pressure of our team as the Number 1 RB. I feel he is in position to have a breakout season. If he fails, we may also fail. I have utmost confidence in his ability and role in their offense.
RB- Ahmad Bradshaw NYG(Rd. 3) - Ahmad is my sleeper RB and because of where we pick in the draft I have to commit early to him. He has question marks, but also ability and a great supporting cast. Our backs will need to play well for us to really reach our potential.
RB- LaDainian Tomlinson NYJ(Rd. 8) LT has a lot to prove and I am betting he does it to the tune of 12 TD's and 50 catches.
RB- Darren McFadden OAK(Rd. 6) Run DMC has been a disappointment thus far in his 2 years as a Raider but I am banking on a solid role that will lead to success.
RB- Marshawn Lynch BUF(Rd. 11) Marshawn may get traded early in the season and could benefit with an increase role.
RB- Ike Redmond PIT(Rd. 13) Pittsburgh's back-up RB will hopefully get a chance to be the starter after a few games. Also is the goaline back for Pit.
RB- James Davis CLE(Rd. 14) May be a guy who takes over in Cleveland and leads them in rushing. Good at catching passes.
WR- Roddy White ATL(Rd. 1) Our number 1 WR has a good supporting cast and terrific all around ability and skill. Roddy has also not missed a game in his 6 years as an NFL WR. He needs to give us that consistent level of play week in/out to take the pressure off our young compliments at WR.
WR- Dez Bryant DAL(Rd. 5) Dez will maybe take a while to get going but when the money weeks come he will repay us for drafting him. He has ridicules skill and plays on a high scoring offense. People have forgotten about him this preseason and he will soon make several owners sad they didn't see it coming.
WR- Mike Williams SEA (Rd. 10) Seattle's Mike Williams needs to just stay healthy and he will provide solid catch numbers and be perfect for our number 3 WR.
WR- Danny Amendola STL (Rd. 12) He is a personal favorite of mine and I feel he has the potential to be really good this year. Bradford will look his way a lot this year and he will succeed in getting open.
WR-Sammy Stroughter TB (Rd. 15) Sammy is my kind of guy. Quick, elusive, with great ball skills. He could be a breakout guy that many will wish they drafted.
WR- Anthony Armstrong WAS (Rd. 20) Armstrong could be a starter very soon and have a good campaign with Donavon McNabb at QB.
TE- Jermichael Finley GB (Rd. 4) Jermichael is a beast. He won me my league last year with a 2 TD game against Baltimore. He may be gone and if that's the case I will look at Gates. If both are gone I will take WR Hakeem Nicks and thus take a TE later. I am only going to draft 1 TE and hopefully Jermichael is a pillar of health.
K- David Akers PHI(Rd. 17) Great Kicker, good offense for FG's
D/ST- Houston Texans (Rd. 19)
D/ST- Tennessee (Rd. 18)
I have a similar plan in the Auction League and Danielle's team also. One of the focal points of this year that I tried to focus on was to find quality players that play on quality teams and play along side quality QB's. I feel very good about this group of guys. Let's see how many I get on Saturday. I leave you now with a highlight tape of our Number one pick Roddy White of the Atlanta Falcons.
AWESEOME...super excited for you! Also, very sweet of you to say such kind things about me.
ReplyDeleteI think you could have embeded the video on the blog...if you want me to help you do that I can look at it tonight!
Love you!
tara jo
I'm excited! ... I think this may help me get more into football ... and more than just the Saints (browne points with Danielle). Good Luck This Weekend!!
ReplyDelete