Monday, December 27, 2010

Week 16- The Journey is the Reward...


Well, we didn't win the $300,000 this year but I don't feel we were too far behind.

However, the sting of knowing someone else will take home the title of World Champion of Fantasy Football does not temper the excitement I had for this Sunday.

Danielle's team had quite a year and made it interesting in the early games when she put up a solid start. Her Main weapons soured in the late games however and she finished out of the running for a Top 20 finish. Her team did however take home the League #56 League Championship and the $5,500 first place prize.

Good Job Rae Rae's Revenge.

My Main Event team finished with a disappointing run in the Championship bracket not able to actually get the tires moving and it seemed as though we were spinning in place. I did capture a Regular season points title and 3rd place League #26 finish thus earning a trip to the dance. Only 113 other teams out of close to 1,000 had that honor. I am pleased with the job I did.

Not too Shabby Ray Ray's Revenge.

Here's where I am excited. If the WCOFF is the fantasy football equivalent of the World Series of Poker than I have received my first bracelet. Our auction team will be the 2010 1K Auction Division Champions!!!!

We took home the $5,000 first place prize and trophy that will be adorned in my office for Ryan Hemker to admire when he stops by. We also won our 3rd place league game for another $1,000. It was such a grind down the stretch but the quick start really aided us as I believe we pretty much led the whole contest from start to finish.

I thought I had a good idea of the auction format and it allowed me to get the guys "I" really wanted. In the end we went to battle with guys I thought were the best of the best. They ultimately proved me a reasonably smart guy. Our Auction team's total winnings for the year was $6,000.

The Invitational team still has a chance to play for another $5,500. If RB Michael Turner and RB Reggie Bush can score 36 pts we will advance to the championship for the Invitational league. It is exciting but we are considered a long shot to advance. Hopefully, the Falcons can get up early and it's because of Michael "the burner" Turner and Reggie Bush can contribute by catching passes out of the backfield.

I leave you with our Colt duo: Jacob Tamme and Blair White, who help put the hammer down to our Auction Division Championship.

So to recap our winnings so far

Ray Ray's Main Event- $1,750
Rae Rae's Revenge Main Event- $5,500
Ray Ray's Auction- $6,000
Ray Ray's Invitation- TBD

Total- $13,250

No comments:

Post a Comment