Monday, October 11, 2010

Ugh.


Well, you dread days like yesterday for several reasons. You want to do well and win thats a given. But when you seem to get punched in the gut 15 minutes into your Sunday there is a extra frustration that pulls at your patience.

Our TE on 3 teams dicided to "displace" his hamstring. I guess you can look at it two ways. 1) Jermichael shouldn't be out the year and perhaps can even return in a week or two as good as new or 2)He is going to be a problem all year with this injury. I'd tend to think that number 1 will be the case and I am optimistic, at least until I hear different about the severity.

The Main Event Ray Ray's Revenge team scored 63 pts with LaDainian Tomlinson left. To put in perspective how bad this week was I am not sure I have ever scored less than 80 and a good game by LT will maybe push us over that. I pray this was a fluke and our team responds next week but by all accounts I know how it feels to get hit by a Mike Tyson hook.

Rae Rae's Revenge also has Finley but looks to win this week to move to 4-1. They finally had a great day by RB Ray Rice and WR Michael Crabtree to sscore 140 points. Very good for this week. Danielle's team hopefully will start to get a bit healthier in the coming weeks and start to hit there stride.

Our Auction League continues to roll on thanks to WR Hakeem Nicks. His 37 points helped put behind horrendis games by RB Arian Foster and WR Dez Bryant. Will should remain the top overall team in that format and hopefully will be able to overcome the Finley injury.

The Invitational League took it on the chin again as WR Greg Jennings just can't get anything going. I was extremely high on the Packers this year and it's looking more and more like they are going to "bust". I don't think I've ever seen a team hit by injury as much as them and its starting to take its toll.

All in all we have to just move forward. No one feels sorry for you in this game and the next team wants to beat you more than the last. Our teams need to keep playing and performing to the level they are capable of. I will leave you with highlights of WR Hakeem Nicks terrific day.

2 comments:

  1. This doesn't make since to me:

    Our TE on 3 teams dicided to "displace" his hamstring. I guess you can look at it two ways. 1) Jermichael shouldn't be out the year and perhaps can even return in a week or two as good as new or 2)He is going to be a problem all year with this injury. I'd like to think that the latter will be the case but I am not optimistic, at least until I see him on the field playing at a high level.

    Why would you want #2 to happen?

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, it didn't. I (re)worded it, thanks for letting me know. I didn't really sound like I knew what I was talking about there.

    ReplyDelete